Members of the admissions committees consider all portions of the application when making their decision. We have no set minimums. General requirements include:
- A strong undergraduate background in the physical, biological, or behavioral sciences.
- A cumulative average of B+ or better in major science courses.
- High motivation for a career in biological or biomedical research.
- Strong letters of recommendation (three are required).
- A thoughtfully written Statement of Purpose that includes information on why you want to attend graduate school, any research interests you may have, and details on any prior research experience, including the extent to which you were intellectually and independently involved in your research project.
- All applicants (including international applicants) must submit official scores from the Graduate Record Examination General Test (GRE). Scores must not be more than five years old. Our institution code is 5187 and there is no department code.
- International applicants whose native language is not English must also complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Additional information on the application process can be found on our "Apply Now" page.
If you would like to receive material specific to the Graduate Division of Biological and Biomedical Sciences and our nine programs, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and request the Viewbook in printed form by mail or as a PDF by e-mail. The Viewbook contains a subset of the material that is found on the web site.