Due to the destruction caused by the recent hurricanes in the Caribbean, our programs will review applications and can invite students from these areas to interview without GRE scores. Since GRE scores are a required component of the application the student is expected to submit their GRE scores as soon as they are able. GRE scores will be required before an offer of admission can be extended.
- What is your average time to degree?
- How many applications do you recieve?
- How many students do you admit?
- How many students are invited for an interview?
- When do the interviews take place?
- How many training faculty are there to choose from?
- What is the current stipend?
- What kind of jobs do your alumni have?
We have one recruiting weekend on campus in February that starts late afternoon on a Thursday and continues through Friday night with departure on Saturday. For international applicants only, we conduct interviews via Skype.
There are currently 46 training faculty within the BCDB program, from 12 different academic departments, but you can choose to do your dissertation research with any of the faculty members in the GDBBS, that includes >300 faculty members.
Our graduates are highly competitive and have been successful in securing positions and launching careers as academic professors (with research or teaching as a primary focus), government or industry research positions, scientific writing, public policy advocacy, or a wide variety of related positions. We maintain a list of alumni outcomes here.